YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
Effective November 1, 2007
2. Limitations on Use. The Content on this Web Site is for your personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. You may print, photocopy, and distribute individual articles to the extent permitted under the "fair use" provisions of the Copyright Act of 1976 (17 U.S.C. 107) or otherwise permitted by the site Permissions. However, your use of this site is further limited as follows:
a - You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from this Web Site or the Content.
b - You may not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage or individual users.
c - You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy this Web Site or the Content without Provider’s prior written permission.
d - You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of this Web Site, except to the extent permitted above.
e - You may not use or otherwise export or re-export this Web Site, the Content, or any portion thereof, in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America.
f - Any unauthorized use of this Web Site or its Content is prohibited.
3. Incomplete Knowledge. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the Content is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of Content on this Web Site or materials linked from this Web Site is at your own risk.
5. Digital Millennium Copyright Act – Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement. Provider has registered an agent with the United States Copyright Office in accordance with the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "Act") and avails itself of the protections under the Act. Provider reserves the right to remove any Content that allegedly infringes another person's copyright. Provider will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, access to the Provider's system or network for those who are repeat infringers of another person’s copyright. Notices to Provider regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. License of Your Content to Provider. By uploading content to or submitting any materials for use on this Web Site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Provider a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license, with right to sublicense, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally display and digitally perform, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Provider for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to us.
8. No Solicitation. You shall not distribute on or through this Web Site any content or material containing any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services or funds or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without the express written permission of the Provider. In no event may any person or entity solicit anyone with data retrieved from this Web Site.
9. Sponsors. This Web Site may contain sponsorship displays. Sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this Web Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. Provider will not be responsible for any error, inaccuracy, or illegality in sponsors’ materials or for the acts or omissions of sponsors.
10. Registration. Certain sections of this Web Site require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide Provider with accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform Provider of any changes to that information. Each registration is for a single individual only, unless specifically designated otherwise on the registration page. Provider does not permit a) anyone other than you to use the sections requiring registration by using your name or password; or b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network or otherwise. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify Provider immediately by emailing email@example.com.
11. Postings in interactive areas of the Web Site.
11.1. Postings to be Lawful. If you participate in interactive areas on this Web Site, you shall not post, publish, upload or distribute any messages, data, information, text, graphics, links or other material (“Postings”) which is unlawful or abusive in any way, including but not limited to any Postings that are defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or give rise to liability or violate any local, state, federal or international law, or the regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any securities exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ, either intentionally or unintentionally. Provider may delete your Posting at any time for any reason without permission from you.
11.2. Postings to be in Your Name. Your Postings shall be accompanied by your real name and shall not be posted anonymously. Participants in interactive areas shall not misrepresent their identity or their affiliation with any person or entity.
11.4. Non-Commercial Use only of Interactive Areas. Any interactive area of this Web Site is provided solely for your personal use. As a participant, you shall not include in your Posting(s) or otherwise distribute on or through this Web Site any content or material containing any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services or funds or solicitation for anyone to become members of any commercial enterprise or organization without the express written permission of the Provider. Any unauthorized use of any interactive area of this Web Site, its Content or Postings is expressly prohibited.
12. Errors and Corrections. Provider does not represent or warrant that this Web Site or the Content will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected or that it will always be accessible. Provider does not warrant or represent that the Content available on or through this Web Site will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. Provider may make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality or Content at any time.
13. Third Party Content. Third party content may appear on this Web Site or may be accessible via links from this Web Site. Provider shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability for any infringement, mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on this Web Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief of Provider.
14. Attorney Ethics Notice. If you are an attorney participating in any aspect of this Web Site, including but not limited to message boards, chat rooms or email forums, you acknowledge that the Rules of Professional Conduct of the jurisdictions where you are licensed (“Rules”) apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by these Rules. These Rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorized practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. Provider disclaims all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules. You further agree and acknowledge that when you participate in any chat area on this Web Site, including but not limited to the message boards, that you will not offer legal advice, but will only provide general information.
15. DISCLAIMER. THIS WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. PROVIDER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS WEB SITE, THE CONTENT, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (D) YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT, OR (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, THE CONTENT, THE INTERACTIVE AREAS OF THIS WEB SITE OR ANY FACTS OR OPINIONS APPEARING ON OR THROUGH AN INTERACTIVE AREA. PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, PROVIDER’S SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00.
18. Third Party Rights. The provisions of paragraphs 15 (Disclaimer), 16 (Limitation of Liability), and 17 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of Provider and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the Web Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
22. Additional Terms.
22.2. Additional Terms for this Site. Your use of this Site and other related materials (the “Content”) is also governed by any additional notices or clarifications of Terms and Conditions which are provided on the Site, all of which are incorporated by reference herein. Your use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of the Provider Services Terms. If you do not agree with any Provider Services Terms, you are not permitted to access this Site.