A titular see in Numidia
Fussola, a titular see in Numidia. It was a fortified town, inhabited for the most part by Donatists and situated forty miles from Hippo. St. Augustine appointed as its first Catholic bishop, about 416, a young man named Antonius, who afterwards caused him much anxiety (Ceillier, "Histoire generale des auteurs sacres et ecelesiastiques", Paris, 1861, VIII, 11 sqq.). A certain Melior is known to have been bishop in 484 (Gams, 465, col. 3), and the see still existed in the seventh century (Byzantische Zeitschrift, II, 26). The fortress of Fossala completed the defenses of Hippo.