Anglona-Tursi, an Italian diocese comprising twenty-seven towns and three villages in the province of Potenza and nine towns and one village in the province of Cosenza, Archdiocese of Acerenza. The diocese is sometimes called Tursi because to this last-named city was transferred the See of Anglona, after the latter's destruction, in the days of Queen Johanna of Naples. Mention of the Diocese of Anglona in history is very late; all knowledge of its origin and ecclesiastical organization is lost in the Middle Ages. Only in 1077 do we find a Bishop of Anglona, Simon, who was present at the ceremony of donation of some rich fields made by Hugo di Chiaromonte and his wife Ginarga to the celebrated Basilian monastery of Sts. Elias and Anastasius (Ughelli, VII, 79). It has 40 parishes, 138 secular priests, and 95,000 inhabitants.